| It's a straightforward assignment, 47.|
This article is a stub and is in need of expansion. You can help the Hitman Wiki by expanding it.
A House Built on Sand is the second of the two summer bonus missions included in HITMAN™.
- Kong Tuo-Kwang
- Matthieu Mendola
- Acquire Hamilton-Lowe Company Documents
A House Built on Sand takes place in Marrakesh, Morocco some time before the events of A Gilded Cage. Construction mogul Kong Tuo-Kwang is meeting with an architect from rival Hamilton-Lowe, Matthieu Mendola. Mendola intends to leak confidential internal documents to Kong.
Hamilton-Lowe has again contracted the International Contract Agency, this time to eliminate both men and to retrieve the documents before they can be exposed.
|The following contain spoilers. Click "show" to continue.|
"Good afternoon 47. Your destination is Marrakesh, Morocco. Your targets: Kong Tuo-Kwang, head of a Chinese construction conglomerate and Matthieu Mendola, chief architect at Tuo-Kwang's biggest rival, Hamilton-Lowe.
Mendola plans to double-cross his employer and leak non-disclosable company documents to Tuo-Kwang, including the confidential offer for a multi-billion dollar real estate project. In response, Hamilton-Lowe has requested that we eliminate both men and send their competition a clear message.
Kong has rented a rooftop patio for the meeting, but the location is as of yet unclear. So, track them and eliminate them, and reclaim the documents. Good luck, 47."
- Eliminate Kong Tuo-Kwang
- Eliminate Matthieu Mendola
- Acquire documents
- Locate Exit
- A Good Smoke
- According to the tobacco shop's owner, his assistant is serving a very important guest. Kong is known for his fondness for a shisha pipe. So maybe it's time to put two and two together.
- Angry Men
- It appears that the shopkeeper has been forced to lease out his shop for the night. This sounds very suspicious.
- Antiques Shop Key
- A key to the Antiques Shop in the courtyard.
- Bad Snail
- According to the guard, Mr. Mendola's escort has had a bout of food poisoning from some bad snails. This must mean that Mendola is lost. Maybe you can give him a hand and show him the way.
- Carpet Shop Key
- A key to a shop.
- Do You Believe in Fate?
- Apparently, Mendola is a man of superstition and plans his life around the words of so-called fortune tellers. Could be interesting to see what his future holds, if you get my drift.
- Gone Shopping
- According to the guards, one of their main men has gone shopping at a carpet shop. Maybe a preoccupied guard could be the ticket to get closer to Mr. Kong.
- Maintenance Room Key
- A technician's key for a maintenance room.
- Note From Kong's Bodyguard
- One of Kong's bodyguards has taken off to the carpet shop across the marketplace and brought along the key to the shisha cafe's back door.
- Shisha Cafe Key
- A key to the shisha cafe.
- Shop Key
- Something is Not Right
- It appears that Kong's man has not turned up, and Mendola is all on his own. This could be used to your advantage.
- A key to a shop.
- The Distraught Landlord
- This landlord is apparently quite upset about a certain shop owner. This could be a chance to be invited to Kong's exclusive party at the shisha cafe. I'm sure you can blend in.
- The Meeting
- It appears Mendola will be met by one of Kong's guards outside the shisha cafe. Follow him and keep your cool.
- The Superstitious Frenchman
- We know that Mendola suffers from compulsive thoughts and is highly superstitious. Could it be the same man they are talking about?
- Truck Keys
- Keys to a truck.
- VIP Invitation
- An invitation to Kong's reception in the Courtyard Club of the shisha cafe.
- VIP Shopping
- According to the carpet shop's owner, the shop is closed for a private shopping.
- A walkie-talkie belonging to Kong's bodyguard.
Track down the missing bodyguard and steal his key to the shisha café staff entrance.
According to the note, one of the guards has gone carpet shopping. He will most likely be alone, and the key he bears could be of good use.
Follow one of the Kong Tuo-Kwang's guests and steal his invitation to access the VIP-section of the shisha café.
According to the intel, Mr. Kong is hosting a private party behind those walls. Invite only, of course. Though I'm sure one of the guests could be persuaded to part with their ticket.
The Future Foretold
Take the place of the local fortune teller for a chance to isolate Matthieu Mendola.
Apparently, Mendola is looking for a fortune teller. Sounds promising. A man of superstition surrenders himself to fate. Well, you don't have to be clairvoyant to see his future.
Waiting for the Man
Acquire a bodyguard's uniform and escort Matthieu Mendola to the meeting place.
Mendola's escort is not likely to get well soon, but he does have a job to do. Maybe you could give him a helping hand?
- Battle Axe
- Folding Knife
- Kitchen Knife
- Lead Pipe
- Soda Can
- Propane Flask
- Emetic Rat Poison
- Lethal Poison
|Dropping the F-bomb||
Kill Matthieu Mendola with the shisha cafe sign.
Assassinate Kong Tuo-Kwang by electrocuting him in the reflection pool.
Assassinate Kong Tuo-Kwang with an oil lamp explosion.
Assassinate Matthieu Mendola with a telephone.
|License to Ill||
Assassinate both Matthieu Mendola and Kong Tuo-Kwang by poisoning the rooftop pipe.
|Silent Assassin, Suit ONly||
Assassinate Matthieu Mendola with the crystal ball.
Assassinate both Mattieu [sic] Mendola and Kong Tuo-Kwang with a gas lamp explosion.
Assassinate Matthieu Mendola by poisoning the snail samples.
Assassinate Matthieu Mendola while disguised as a bodyguard.
|Didn't See That Coming, Did You?||
Disguise yourself as the fortune teller.
Get the VIP Invitation
Disguise yourself as a bodyguard.
Get to the carpet shop's rooftop.
Escape through the door on the street.
Escape through the door near the well.
Escape in the truck.
|Waiting For the Man||
Bring Matthieu Mendola to the meeting
Enter the Courtyard Club through the back door.
Enter the Courtyard Club as a VIP guest.
|The Real Deal||
Get the documents
|The Future Foretold||
Have someone read Matthieu Mendola's fortune.
Complete the following Feat challenges: Piano Man, Someone Could Hurt Themselves, Hold My Hair, Straight Shot, and Tasteless, Traceless.
Assassinate a target with the fiber wire.
|Hold My Hair||
Assassinate a target by drowning them.
|Someone Could Hurt Themselves||
Assassinate a target in an accident.
Assassinate a target with lethal poison.
Assassinate a target with a headshot.
Find and equip all disguises in Marrakesh at night.
Assassinate Kong Tuo-Kwang.
Assassinate Matthieu Mendola.
- According to the HITMAN Reddit's FAQ, the summer bonus missions (The Icon, along with A House Built on Sand) are not part of the main story arc, though it may still be part of the canon.
|Missions in HITMAN™|
|Training (Greenland)||Freeform Training - The Final Test|
|Italy||World of Tomorrow - The Icon - Landslide|
|Morocco||A Gilded Cage - A House Built on Sand|
|United States of America||Freedom Fighters|