A Vintage Year is the second mission in Hitman: Blood Money. Agent 47 is tasked with eliminating Fernando Delgado, and Manuel Delgado.
- Fernando Delgado
- Manuel Delgado
A Vintage Year takes place in the southern hemisphere, in a vineyard in Chile. The mission is the first real mission in Hitman: Blood Money, and tests the player's skills with the new mechanics introduced with the game.
The player is tasked with eliminating Fernando, and Manuel Delgado as quietly as possible.
|The following contain spoilers. Click "show" to continue.|
Your next target's in Chile. His name is Fernando Delgado. Used to be a Colonel in Pinochet's intelligence service; now he's running a cocaine factory under cover of a vineyard. Satellite imaging suggests that the lab is underground.
Fernando's son Manuel is in on the coke trade, so to make it look like a drug hit, you'll need to take him out too. We'll get you in with a pensioner's club from Santiago for the big celebrity unveiling of Delgado's new wine label, named for 80s "B" action star Rex Stanton.
There'll be at least one T.V. crew on hand, so keep an eye on them and their cameras.
Delgado's got a seaplane, and that may be your best way to get out in a pinch.
- Kill Don Fernando Delgado.
- Kill Manuel Delgado.
- Escape the Vineyard.
- The guided tour of the wine cellar might prove useful, especially when looking for potential death traps.
- We've heard that Manuel likes to entertain friends and enjoy the merchandise in the wine cellar.
- The entrance to the secret lab is hidden somewhere in the wine cellar.
- The insides are guarded by highly trained guards.
- Shotgun - On many regular guards and in weapon caches.
- SAF SMG - On most VIP guards, some regular guard and in some weapon caches.
- TMP - Carried by Manuel Delgado.
- Snub Nosed Revolver - Carried by Fernando Delgado and Manuel Delgado's contact.
- Kitchen Knife - In the food storage room near the hacienda.
- Hammer - In a storage room on the top floor, on a barrel in the hangar and in an outside storage room with the hole on the roof.
- Fire Extinguisher - Two extinguishers can be found in drug lab.
- "A Vintage Year" is a term used to describe a year in which the wine produced was of especially high quality.
- The classical instrumental played by Fernando Delgado is Johann Sebastian Bach's Cello suite No. 1, prelude.
- Considering Delgado's Hacienda produces both wine and cocaine, it is worth noting that there is no sign of agriculture of any kind in the surrounding area for growing either grapes or coca.
- This is the only confirmed mission in the entire series where Agent 47 visits the Southern Hemisphere, though it is possible that Find the U'wa Tribe, The Jungle God and Say Hello to My Little Friend take place in the part of Colombia that is south of the Equator.
- It is considered that Delgado produces quality wines, and is mentioned several times, though in the post-mission newspaper, the caption beneath Delgado's photograph says that Delgado is infamous for making some of the worst wines in all of Chile.
|Missions in Hitman: Blood Money|
|Training||Hideout - Death of a Showman|
|Chile||A Vintage Year|
|USA||Flatline - A New Life - The Murder of Crows - You Better Watch Out... - Death on the Mississippi - Till Death Do Us Part - A House of Cards - A Dance with the Devil|
|Epilogue||Amendment XXV - Requiem|