- "Another 'brother'? Thought I killed all of you. I wonder who was behind all of this; trying to kill me with a lesser hitman."
- ―Agent 47, after identifying 17 as another Hitman.
Agent 17 was Dr. Ort-Meyer's first assassin and the predecessor to 47. He is very similar to the latter (and in turn, No. 48) in appearance, with the difference that he wears black sunglasses and an orange colored tie.
While Agent 17 was a healthy clone and a perfectly capable assassin, Ort-Meyer found out, upon upbringing and training him, that he did not possess any enhanced strength or endurance over that of an average human.
He also appeared to be incapable of independent thought, and therefore Ort-Meyer regarded him as a disappointment, and eventually had him locked away deep within the asylum.
Working as a hitmanEdit
Zavorotko found Agent 17's skills useful, and lent him out to Deewana Ji to whom he had sold a nuclear device. Ji's cult would, however, with help from Agent 17, trick Zavorotko and steal the warheads in his possession. After 47 killed Ji, Agent 17 tried to kill him by confronting 47 near his extraction point and leading him into a trap, but failed to do so. Agent 17 would then go back to serve Zavorotko, who eventually sent him out to kill 47.
During the St. Petersburg Revisited, 47 was requested to kill Zavorotko on order from the United Nations. However, Zavorotko had anticipated it and sent 17 there. In the end, 17 ended up being killed by 47, who remarked on how he thought he had killed all of his "brothers" (during the incident Meet Your Brother).
- Apart from 47, he is the only other Ort-Meyer clone able to go outside of the Asylum.
- He is the only person able to detect 47 when he walks silently behind him.
- He is the only known agent besides 47 to have been employed professionally by often the same figures that contracted 47.