|Location:||Villa Borghese, Palermo, Sicily, Italy|
|Preceded by:||The Gontranno Sanctuary|
|Succeeded by:||St. Petersburg Stakeout|
|Game:||Hitman 2: Silent Assassin|
|There is a walkthrough available for this mission; see this page.|
Anathema is the second mission in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. It is 47's first mission after he returns from his retirement. After realising his friend, Father Emilio Vittorio, was taken hostage by Giuseppe Guillani, 47 tracks him down in an attempt to save the priest.
Target: Giuseppe Guillani
- This mutual arrangement we made to rescue your friend and mentor Father Vittorio means you will have to take care of a number of mafia members residing at the Villa Borghese, where he is kept hostage in the basement.
- Prime target is Don Guillani. Security is not exactly lax - plenty of guards roaming the mansion compound. However, don't expect to free Vittorio just like that.
- The Don is running a tight ship, and if alarmed he will probably kill the hostage and escape.
- They are used to people coming to pay respect, ransoms or bribes - but they are alerted by unusual activities. Check out the map we have of the grounds. Buena Fortuna, 47!
- Kill "Don" Giuseppe Guillani.
- Take key to prison cell from Don Guillani.
- Rescue Vittorio in the basement.
- Escape - Check map for known exit point.
- Kitchen knife - Found in the kitchen on the first floor.
- Golf club - Found in the boss' bedroom on the second floor and on the balcony outside. This level is the only level in which this weapon can be obtained.
- 9mm Pistol - Carried by most of the guards.
- Snub Nosed Revolver - Carried by Don Guillani.
- Desert Eagle - Carried by the Don's brother, the Don's son, and in the study on the first floor.
- Double-barreled Shotgun - Carried by one of the guards at the front door and the lawyer on the second floor. This level is the only level in which this weapon can be obtained.
- R93 Sniper - In the garage.
- Bodyguard: Useless as everyone can see through it.
- Delivery Boy: Useful to hide your weapons in one of the crates and get it inside the mansion.
- Postman: Can be used to get inside the mansion, but will be frisked at the gate.
- Anathema means "curse" in Greek.
- Unlike most missions, this one is requested specifically by 47 himself to save his friend, Emilio Vittorio.
- This is the first mission in which an objective is cancelled.
- Early in the mission, 47 encounters a guard urinating against a wall. The character model of the guard is actually holding one of his fingers with his other hand, to give the amusing illusion of the model having a penis.
- In the pre-release version of the game, The don's brother, who wears a white shirt and black tie in the full version, wore a greenish shirt instead of the white one.
|Missions in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin|
|Italy||The Gontranno Sanctuary - Anathema|
|Russia||St. Petersburg Stakeout - Kirov Park Meeting - Tubeway Torpedo - Invitation to a Party|
|Japan||Tracking Hayamoto - Hidden Valley - At the Gates - Shogun Showdown|
|Malaysia||Basement Killing - The Graveyard Shift - The Jacuzzi Job|
|Afghanistan||Murder at the Bazaar - The Motorcade Interception - Tunnel Rat|
|India||Temple City Ambush - The Death of Hannelore - Terminal Hospitality|
|Finale||St. Petersburg Revisited - Redemption at Gontranno|