This revolver can be chambered in many different calibers, such as .44 magnum, .223 Remington, and obviously .480 Ruger, which, despite the game using it, has been discontinued. Chambered in .480 (known in game as Bull ammo), the weapon's cylinder holds 6 rounds, and fires with both single and double action.
The gun, as portrayed fairly accurately in-game, is pretty big, with the longest version boasting a 10-inch barrel, for a total length of 16.5 inches. In-game, it is a powerful weapon that can kill an enemy in 1 to 2 hits. Although it is hard to come by ammunition for it on A New Life, ammo is plentiful on Death on the Mississippi, as five Gator gang members pack this gun. The gun is also found in the gun box in the storage room in the Staff Quarters and ammo is found in Skip Muldoon's office.
- A New Life - On Vinnie Sinistra. Ammo can be found in a box on the coffee table near Vinnie's black arm chair and on two boxes in the closet behind his chair (this is also the place where Vinnie hides during a panic). You can see him pull out his gun if you follow him to second floor. If he is dead and the FBI agent dragged him, you still can get the gun via the body bag.
- Death on the Mississippi - On 5 of the 6 Gator Gang members and in a weapons cache in the staff floor.
- The Bull .480's real-life counterpart is the Taurus Raging Bull revolver, which indeed has a .480 Ruger variant, though most Raging Bull revolvers are chambered in .44 Magnum or .454 Casull.
- The Taurus Ranging Bull that uses smaller caliber, the Aries Charging Ram, is available in Absolution.
- Along with Desert Eagle, the Bull .480 is the largest caliber guns in Blood Money.
- The Bull ammo box uses the same model as the magnum ammo box. That might explain why magnum ammo was omitted in the hideout.