Elusive Targets is a new target-based gameplay concept introduced in HITMAN™.
Elusive Target missions are unique, as they only appear once, and if the mission ends in any way, other than restarting, they cannot be attempted again. So far, they've appeared at a rate of roughly once every few weeks.
The target cannot be seen on the map or through Instinct Mode, but the briefing gives mediocre clues about their location and antics, which mostly consist of background. The level can also be modified during the mission to seal off certain areas that are available during normal gameplay, and can also contain extra guards.
When a new target is added to the game, players only have a limited time (initially ca. 48 hours, though the norm has since become a whole week) to compete in the mission, or it'll be lost.
After completing varying amounts of Elusive targets, the player will unlock new suits for Agent 47 to wear. Some suits are based on Agent 47's earlier suits, worn in the previous games of the franchise. All unlockable suits can be worn in every game mode and level (excluding tutorial levels), but the changes are mostly cosmetic, with some characters making snarky comments depending on your clothing.
- Absolution Suit with Gloves - Finish 5 Elusive Target missions.
- Blood Money Suit with Gloves - Finish 10 Elusive Target missions.
- Agent 47's Signature Suit with Gloves - Finish 13 Elusive Target missions.
Starting from Elusive Target 14, eight more suits were added; Progress made before November 14th don't count towards these outfits.
- Terminus - Complete 1 Elusive Target with a Silent Assassin rating.
- Winter Suit - Complete 5 Elusive Targets with a Silent Assassin rating. Gloves are included.
- Tuxedo with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Paris.
- Italian Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Sapienza.
- Summer Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Marrakesh.
- Casual Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Bangkok.
- Tactical Gear with Hunter's Hat - Complete an Elusive Target in Colorado. Gloves are included.
- White Yukata - Complete an Elusive Target in Hokkaido.
|Mission||Target||Start Date||End Date|
|1.||The Forger||Sergei Larin||May 13th, 2016||May 15th, 2016|
|2.||The Congressman||Anthony L. Troutt||May 27th, 2016||May 29th, 2016|
|3.||The Prince||Adalrico Candelaria||June 8th, 2016||June 10th, 2016|
|4.||The Sensation||Jonathan Smythe||June 14th, 2016||June 16th, 2016|
|5.||The Gunrunner||Vito Đurić||July 1st, 2016||July 4th, 2016|
|6.||The Twin||Dylan Narváez||July 15th, 2016||July 18th, 2016|
|7.||The Wildcard||Gary Busey||July 21st, 2016||July 28st, 2016|
|8.||The Broker||Howard Moxon||August 5th, 2016||August 7th, 2016|
|9.||The Black Hat||Owen Wagner||August 26th, 2016||August 29th, 2016|
|10.||The Pharmacist||Nila Torvik||September 16th, 2016||September 23rd, 2016|
|11.||The Fixer||Xander Haverfoek||October 12th, 2016||October 21st, 2016|
|12.||The Identity Thief||Brendan Conner||October 21st, 2016||October 28th, 2016|
|13.||The Ex-Dictator||Richard Ekwensi||November 1st, 2016||November 8th, 2016|
|The Gold-Digger||Inez Ekwensi|
|14.||The Chef||Gabriel Santos||November 18th, 2016||November 25th, 2016|
|15.||The Angel of Death||Etta Davis||December 2nd, 2016||December 9th, 2016|
|16.||The Guru||Richard J. Magee||December 16th, 2016||December 23rd, 2016|
|17.||The Food Critic||Wen Ts'ai||December 30th, 2016||January 6th, 2017|
|18.||The Chameleon||Richard M. Foreman||January 13rd, 2017||January 20th, 2017|
|19.||The Blackmailer||Walter Williams||January 27th, 2017||February 6th, 2017|
|20.||The Warlord||Adeze Oijofor||February 10th, 2017||February 17th, 2017|
|21.||The Doctor||Pavel Frydel||February 24th, 2017||March 3rd, 2017|
|The Surgeon||Akane Akenawa|
|22.||The Bookkeeper||Pertti Järnefelt||March 17th, 2017||March 24th, 2017|
|23.||The Paparazzo||Kieran Hudson||April 7th, 2017||April 18th, 2017|
|24.||The Badboy||Bartholomew Argus||May 5th, 2017||May 16th, 2017|
|25.||The Fugitive||Ji-Hu||June 23rd, 2017||July 3rd, 2017|
|26.||The Entertainer||Mr. Giggles||July 14th, 2017||July 24th, 2017|
On October 24th, 2017, iOi announced the return of the elusive targets to be available for purchasers of the newly released Game of the Year Edition. This re-activation would allow players to try any elusive target that they didn't finish on the first appearance. If a target was killed or the mission was failed, they would not return. Sergei Larin would be the first target reactivated on November 17th, 2017. During their first activations, most elusive targets were active for around 72 hours. Most re-activated elusive targets are active for 10 days. The announcement showed a montage of elusive targets, but Gary Busey was notably absent; this was later revealed to be the result of contractual issues. The reactivations have deviated from the original release order. The Guru, which was originally the sixteenth target, was reactivated as the ninth target to coincide with the release of HITMAN Spring Pack (a free release of Sapienza). The Pharmacist, the tenth target originally, was also held back as the result of a bug which was fixed in the v1.33 patch and was announced to be added back into the reactivation queue.
|Mission||Target||Start Date||End Date|
|1.||The Forger||Sergei Larin||November 17th, 2017||November 27th, 2017|
|2.||The Congressman||Anthony L. Troutt||December 1st, 2017||December 11th, 2017|
|3.||The Prince||Adalrico Candelaria||December 15th, 2017||December 25th, 2017|
|4.||The Sensation||Jonathan Smythe||January 12th, 2017||January 22nd, 2017|
|5.||The Gunrunner||Vito Đurić||January 26th, 2017||February 5th, 2017|
|6.||The Twin||Dylan Narváez||February 9th, 2018||February 19th, 2018|
|7.||The Broker||Howard Moxon||February 23rd, 2018||March 5th, 2018|
|8.||The Black Hat||Owen Wagner||March 9th, 2018||March 19th, 2018|
|9.||The Guru||Richard J. Magee||March 23rd, 2018||April 2nd, 2018|
|10.||The Fixer||Xander Haverfoek||April 6th, 2018||April 16th, 2018|
|11.||The Identity Thief||Brendan Conner||April 20th, 2018||April 30th, 2018|
|12.||The Ex-Dictator||Richard Ekwensi||May 4th, 2018||May 14th, 2018|
|The Gold-Digger||Inez Ekwensi|
|13.||The Chef||Gabriel Santos||May 18th, 2018||May 28th, 2018|
|14.||The Angel of Death||Etta Davis||June 1st, 2018||June 11th, 2018|
|15.||The Food Critic||Wen Ts'ai||June 15th, 2018||June 25th, 2018|
|16.||The Chameleon||Richard M. Foreman||June 29th, 2018||July 9th, 2018|
HITMAN™ Targets (Examples) Edit
- There was a bug in the game where players could replay Elusive Contracts through Contracts Mode, that was uploaded with their (presumed) UI references.
- For The Forger, UI_CONTRACT_TEQUILA_SUNRISE_TITLE
- For The Congressman, UI_CONTRACT_MINT_JULEP_TITLE
- For The Prince, UI_CONTRACT_SAZERAC_TITLE
- For The Sensation, UI_CONTRACT_SHANDY_TITLE
- In addition to the revealed names, all of the Elusive Target UI names are based on alcoholic drinks.
- Gary Busey was selected as a target by the community, who were asked to choose between either Gary Busey or Gary Cole. This is also presumably the reason for the longer time period (168 hours, a full week) when he was available as a target. Cole also appeared as himself in the mission, but not as the target.
- The tenth elusive target also was available for a whole week. The reason is possibly found from the official forum; a user had to leave the town for work-related reasons September 16, which meant he/she would have missed his/her 10th ET. After a brief discussion, a moderator commented that he'll ask the team if there was anything they could do.