Elusive Targets is a new target-based gameplay concept introduced in HITMAN™.
Elusive Target missions are unique, as they only appear once, and if the mission ends in any way, other than restarting, they cannot be attempted again. So far, they've appeared at a rate of roughly once every few weeks.
The target cannot be seen on the map or through Instinct Mode, but the briefing gives mediocre clues about their location and antics, which mostly consist as background. The level can also be modified during the mission to seal off certain areas that are available during normal gameplay, and can also contain extra guards.
When a new target is added to the game, players only have a limited time (initially ca. 48 hours, though the norm has since become a whole week) to compete in the mission, or it'll be lost.
After completing varying amounts of Elusive targets, the player will unlock new suits for Agent 47 to wear. Some suits are based on Agent 47's earlier suits, worn in the previous games of the franchise. All unlockable suits can be worn in every game mode and level (excluding tutorial levels), but the changes are mostly cosmetic, with some characters making snarky comments depending on your clothing.
- Absolution Suit with Gloves - Finish 5 Elusive Target missions.
- Blood Money Suit with Gloves - Finish 10 Elusive Target missions.
- Agent 47's Signature Suit with Gloves - Finish 13 Elusive Target missions.
Starting from Elusive Target 14, eight more suits were added; Progress made before November 14th don't count towards these outfits.
- Terminus - Complete 1 Elusive Target with a Silent Assassin rating.
- Winter Suit - Complete 5 Elusive Targets with a Silent Assassin rating. Gloves are included.
- Tuxedo with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Paris.
- Italian Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Sapienza.
- Summer Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Marrakesh.
- Casual Suit with Gloves - Complete an Elusive Target in Bangkok.
- Tactical Gear with Hunter's Hat - Complete an Elusive Target in Colorado. Gloves are included.
- White Yukata - Complete an Elusive Target in Hokkaido.
- The Forger (Sergei Larin) - May 13th, 2016 & November 17th, 2017
- The Congressman (Anthony L Troutt) - May 27th, 2016 & December 1st, 2017
- The Prince (Adalrico Candelaria) - June 8th, 2016 & December 15th, 2017
- The Sensation (Jonathan Smythe) - June 14th, 2016 & January 12th, 2017
- The Gunrunner (Vito Đurić) - July 1st, 2016 & January 26th, 2017
- The Twin (Dylan Narváez) - July 15th, 2016 & February 9th, 2018
- The Wildcard (Gary Busey) - July 21st, 2016
- The Broker (Howard Moxon) - August 5th, 2016 & February 15th, 2018 & February 23rd, 2018
- The Black Hat (Owen Wagner) - August 26th, 2016 & March 9th, 2018
- The Pharmacist (Nila Torvik) - September 16th, 2016
- The Fixer (Xander Haverfoek) - October 12th, 2016
- The Identity Thief (Brendan Conner) - October 21st, 2016
- The Ex-Dictator (Richard Ekwensi) & The Gold-Digger (Inez Ekwensi) - November 1st, 2016
- The Chef (Gabriel Santos) - November 14th, 2016
- The Angel of Death (Etta Davis) - December 2nd, 2016
- The Guru (Richard J. Magee) - December 16th, 2016
- The Food Critic (Wen Ts'ai) - December 30th, 2016
- The Chameleon (Richard M. Foreman) - January 13th, 2017
- The Blackmailer (Walter Williams) - January 27th, 2017
- The Warlord (Adeze Oijofor) - February 10th, 2017
- The Doctor (Pavel Frydel) & The Surgeon (Akane Akenawa) - February 24th, 2017
- The Bookkeeper (Pertti Järnefelt) - March 17th, 2017
- The Paparazzo (Kieran Hudson) - April 7th, 2017
- The BadBoy (Bartholomew Argus) - May 5th, 2017
- The Fugitive (Ji-Hu) - June 23rd, 2017
- The Entertainer (Mr. Giggles) - July 14th, 2017
HITMAN™ Targets (Examples)
- There was a bug within the game where players could replay Elusive Contracts through Contracts Mode, that were uploaded with their (presumed) UI references.
- For The Forger, UI_CONTRACT_TEQUILA_SUNRISE_TITLE
- For The Congressman, UI_CONTRACT_MINT_JULEP_TITLE
- For The Prince, UI_CONTRACT_SAZERAC_TITLE
- For The Sensation, UI_CONTRACT_SHANDY_TITLE
- In addition to the revealed names, all of the Elusive Target UI names are based on alcoholic drinks.
- Gary Busey was selected as a target by the community, who were asked to choose between either Gary Busey or Gary Cole. This is also presumably the reason for the longer time period (168 hours, a full week) when he was available as a target. Cole also appeared as himself in the mission, but not as the target.
- The tenth elusive target also was available for a whole week. The reason is possibly found from the official forum; a user had to leave the town for work-related reasons September 16, which meant he/she would have missed his/her 10th ET. After a brief discussion, a moderator commented that he'll ask the team if there was anything they could do.