|Targets:|| Carmine DeSalvo|
|Location:||Pine Cone Rehabilitation Center, California, USA|
|Preceded by:|| Curtains Down (in-game)
Hunter and Hunted (chronologically)
|Succeeded by:||A New Life|
|Game:||Hitman: Blood Money|
|There is a walkthrough available for this mission; see this page.|
Flatline is the fourth mission in Hitman: Blood Money. Agent 47 is tasked with releasing Agent Smith, an allied agent being held in the facility, and to dispatch at least one of three members of the mafia: Carmine DeSalvo, Lorenzo Lombardo and Rudy Menzana. One of these three targets (randomly selected) is mandatory, being part of 47's original mission. The other two, however, are optional "low-level contracts" that unexpectedly open up; 47 can kill them for extra money (or not).
- Carmine DeSalvo
- Lorenzo Lombardo
- Rudy Menzana
It's good to have you back, 47. I'm glad to hear you're fully recovered. Your next assignment's in Northern California.
Three mobsters have been checked into a rehab clinic for alcoholics. One of them plans to turn state's witness as soon as he's discharged. Our client wants to avoid that but we don't know which of the three is the target. An undercover agent placed at the clinic to find out hasn't been heard from in a few days. The clinic will only discharge patients if they're sober or dead.
The agent who's in there is apparently being kept drugged for unknown reasons, so you'll have to kill him to get him out - but we need him alive. We're giving you an experimental serum that'll give him the appearance of being dead, along with the antidote to bring him back once you're out. Something's very wrong at this clinic, 47. Keep your eyes open.
- Admission papers are required to check-in. Future patients often wait in the park outside.
- Troublesome patients are often confined to the medical wing.
- The brochure lists some interesting facilities such as a library, a gymnasium, and a large spa area.
- Therapists occasionally get contacted for private sessions.
- Some guests hide stashes of alcohol in quiet places. Let's hope they don't get alcohol poisoning.
- Weight lifting can be fatal.
- Some guests cheat on the spa's strict diet by smuggling camping stoves into their rooms. Sounds dangerous!
- Deceased patients are taken straight from the medical wing to the morgue.
- Retrieve Agent Smith.
- Kill target #1.
- Kill target #2 (optional).
- Kill target #3 (optional).
- Stun Gun - On all orderlies and in some weapon stashes.
- Patient - Allows access to the main clinic area on the 1st and 2nd floors plus the surrounding grounds. Does not allow access to the Medical Wing or the Basement. Could be possible as a patient you are observed more by the staff and security so if you do decide to kill in this disguise, be alert.
- Clinic Security - Access to the basement is possible with this suit as well as the main clinic, but little else.
- Patient's Bodyguard - As much use as the patient disguise.
- Orderly - The best disguise to have in this mission. Access to all areas. The only disguise to allow uninterrupted access to the medical wing.
- Therapist - Can be found in an upstairs bedroom, and allows for easier kills of the three suggested targets in the clinic. Does not allow access into the medical wing but will allow for everywhere else.
Agent 47 eliminated his target and retrieved Agent Smith from the facility alive.
- The name Flatline refers to an electrocardiogram, which is a device to show heartbeat, with no activity (a flat line), indicating the person is dead.
- At the top left of the rank newspaper, there is an advertisement of Cheung Chau Chinese Restaurant, which is the same restaurant as the one in the Hitman: Codename 47 mission The Massacre at Cheung Chau Fish Restaurant, and its Hitman: Contracts remake, The Seafood Massacre. The names of the restaurant's specialities are also referenced.
- This is the first mission in Blood Money where in the loading screen, instead of showing the targets, it shows the VIP (Agent Smith). The other is Requiem, which shows a statue from the graveyard with a crow.
- This is the first mission wherein targets won't show up on your map until you trigger the specific event.
- Killing one of the optional targets will gain you $50,000, but on normal or above this will be less likely to gain Silent Assassin rating.
- None of the targets in this mission are armed, despite this, they have armed bodyguards to protect them, this is another way to ID your target before Agent Smith gives you the details.
- If you achieve a good rating (such as Professional or Silent Assassin) the newspaper at the end of the mission will change depending on who your primary target was. The optional targets are not mentioned in the newspaper though.
- The underground tunnel which the orderly uses to move Smith's "dead" body to the morgue is never explored in the game, as the elevator cannot be used by 47, but the map screen can still show the underground tunnel. It can however be accessed using AI exploits or if 47 wedges open the doors and runs into the lift after the orderly (see video), and will lead to the morgue, which can then be accessed before Smith gets there.
- Completion of this mission for the first time will unlock slot 6 to 9 of the weapon upgrades.
- The mission takes place on March 31, 2004.
- This mission may be what inspired the Grand Theft Auto IV mission Flatline.
- If Agent Smith is killed by shooting him or been killed by enemy fire or throwing a RU-AP mine if been detonated the mission will be failed.