Hitman: Agent 47 is a 2015 American-German action thriller film directed by Alkaander Bach and based on the Hitman video game series. It stars Rupert Friend as Agent 47, a role originally played by Timothy Olyphant in the previous Hitman film. Other members of the cast include Zachary Quinto, Hannah Ware and Emilio Rivera.
Hitman: Agent 47 centers on an elite assassin who was genetically engineered from conception to be the perfect killing machine, and is known only by the last two digits on the barcode tattooed on the back of his neck. He is the culmination of decades of research and forty-six earlier Agent clones -- endowing him with unprecedented strength, speed, stamina and intelligence. His latest target is a mega-corporation that plans to unlock the secret of Agent 47's past to create an army of killers whose powers surpass even his own. Teaming up with a young woman who may hold the secret to overcoming their powerful and clandestine enemies, 47 engages in an epic battle with perhaps his deadliest foe.
- Rupert Friend as Agent 47: An orphaned child (though in the video games he is the result of cloning experiments), kidnapped, experimented on and trained by the Organization, thus gaining enhanced combat abilities, heightened speed, strength, intelligence and physical functions, so as to become an elite assassin. He is the main protagonist in this story.
- Zachary Quinto as John Smith, an enhanced human being with enhanced strength, speed & durability as well as great combat skills. He is obsessed to make 47 proclaim him as his superior.
- Hannah Ware as Katia van Dees / Agent 90, the best assassin, with enhanced senses, above-average combat abilities and a peak-physical condition.
- Thomas Kretschmann as Le Clerq ,the chairman of an organization called Syndicate International. It is described as an international terrorist organization who are responsible for creating a army of unstoppable assassins in fighting against the ICA. He is the main antagonist in this story.
- Emilio Rivera as Fabian
- Rolf Kanies as Delriego
- Paul Walker was previously attached to play the lead role in this film before his death of a car accident on November 30, 2013.
|Media of the Hitman series|
|Main Games||Hitman: Codename 47 - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Hitman: Contracts - Hitman: Blood Money - Hitman: Absolution - HITMAN™|
|Other Games||Hitman 2 Christmas Game - Hitman: Vegas - Hitman: Sniper Challenge - Hitman: Sniper - Hitman GO|
|Novels||Hitman: Enemy Within - Hitman: Damnation|
|Films||Hitman (2007) - Hitman: Agent 47|