The Hitman 2: Silent Assassin Original Soundtrack is the soundtrack for Eidos Interactive's 2002 release Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. It was released in the United States of America on May 3rd, 2005 in a single album, on two separate discs, with one disc containing the Hitman: Codename 47 Soundtrack.
The soundtrack was composed by Jesper Kyd, with the tracks "47 Makes a Decision", "The Setup", and "End Boss" being additionally composed by Pierre Földes. The score is an orchestral and choral based piece, being performed by the Budapest Symphony Orchestra and Choir, with around 110 musicians, which was then mixed and edited in Denmark at major Copenhagen studio RadioHusets Concert Hall.
While few, some of the tracks on the CD use varied electronic instruments together with the Budapest Symphony to mix up music, while keeping the soundtrack fresh. In all, the soundtrack's runtime goes for roughly 47 minutes and 55 seconds.
- Main Title (2:10)
- Waiting for Action (1:56)
- Action Begins (2:07
- 47 Makes a Decision (2:08)
- The Penthouse (2:03)
- Japanese Mansion (2:10)
- Japanese Snow Castle (2:21)
- Streets of India (2:05)
- Mission in India (2:10)
- 47 in St. Petersburg (1:57)
- Trouble in Russia (1:56)
- Desert Sun (2:09)
- Arabian Dance (1:53)
- The Setup (2:02)
- End Boss (2:28)
- Slow Ambience (2:45)
- Fast Ambience (2:13)
- H2 Exploration (4:11)
- H2 Action (2:04)
- Dreams of Istanbul (Unreleased, Bonus Track) (7:42)
- Hong Kong Themes (Hitman: Codename 47)
- 47 Main Title (Hitman: Codename 47)
Besides the original Jesper Kyd score, the game features the following songs:
|"Violin Romance No. 2, arranged for piano"||Ludwig van Beethoven||1805||
|"Rondo Alla Turca"||Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart||1783||
- In January of 2003, the Hitman 2: Silent Assassin soundtrack was nominated by GameSpot in the category of best soundtrack of the year. It was nominated in 3 categories: best music on Xbox, PS2 and PC, out of 2500 games released in 2002.
- The CD also contains 3 bonus tracks; two of the best tracks of music from Hitman: Codename 47 (which are otherwise not available outside the game), and one brand new unreleased music track from Jesper Kyd, produced in his studio in New York. This track's name as of now is unknown.
|Tracks in the Hitman: Codename 47 & Hitman 2: Silent Assassin Soundtrack|
|Disc One (Hitman: Codename 47)|
|Intro - Main Title (Extended Version) - Hong Kong Themes - Jungle Exploration - Dark Jungle - Hotel Themes - Harbor Themes - Hospital Themes - Hotel Music (Early Demo) - Rainforest Music (Early Demo) - Atmosphere Demo - Main Title (Original Slow Version)|
|Disc Two (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin)|
|Main Title - Waiting for Action - Action Begins - 47 Makes a Decision - The Penthouse - Japanese Mansion - Japanese Snow Castle - Streets of India - Mission in India - 47 in St. Petersburg - Trouble in Russia - Desert Sun - Arabian Dance - The Setup - End Boss - Slow Ambiance - Fast Ambiance - H2 Exploration - H2 Action - Dreams of Istanbul (Bonus Track)|