- "Time to regain focus. According to Birdie, strip club owner Don Osmond is Blake Dexter's informant. He put the arms dealer on Victoria's trail. I will remove him from the equation before he causes any more damage. Personal note: Birdie did not give me this information out of the goodness of his heart. He stands much to gain by Osmond's death. This is a fragile alliance. I have to tread carefully."
- ―Mission description.[src]
Hunter and Hunted is the fifth mission of Hitman: Absolution. It consists of 7 segments (making it the longest mission in the game): Courtyard, The Vixen Club, Dressing Rooms, Derelict Building, Convenience Store, Loading Area, and Chinese New Year.
Hunter and Hunted takes place in a seedy portion of Chicago, and eventually the Vixen Club. Here Agent 47 is to kill the club owner, Dom Osmond, who has been working as a criminal informant for Blake Dexter.
Later, 47 finds a recorded phone message from Wade, who tells Osmond he's searching for Birdie. 47 subsequently calls to warn Birdie, and begins to head in his direction. Upon arriving at the Chinatown square, three of Wade's crew - Bill Dole, Larry Clay, and Frank Owens - are in the area looking to purchase Birdie's file from the Chicago P.D., and quickly become targets.
In this mission, if you are already watching Mr. Owens to commit suicide, and Dole was killed, you will be shocked if your rating changed.
- Head for the Vixen Club
- Locate Dom Osmond
- Eliminate Dom Osmond
- Gain access to the second floor
- Evade the police
- Get to Chinatown
- Eliminate Wade's people (Larry Clay, Frank Owens, Bill Dole)
- Exit Chinatown
- HX UMP - Carried by police backups, and in some crates down where Bill Dole meets the corrupt police officer.
- Jagd P22G - Silenced version are carried by Bill Dole, Larry Clay, and Frank Owens in Chinese New Year part; two more silenced P22Gs can be found in Vixen Club, in the upstairs room with the evidence, and in the room with the disco ball control panel.
- Police M590 12ga - Lying on a police car in the courtyard where you get the evidence, carried by officers in Derelict Building. And strangely, found in the "armory" in the convenience store.
- Z&M Model 60 - Carried by all the police officers and strip club bouncers, and in some crates, down where Bill Dole meets the police officer. 47 also starts out with this weapon.
- Bottle - Various locations; on the bar on the right when entering the doors of the Vixen Club.
- Cleaver - In Convenience Store, inside the kitchen area.
- Fire Extinguisher - In Loading Area, on the wall on the left immediately after entering the segment.
- Gasoline Can - In Courtyard, near the civilian getting interrogated.
- Katana - In Chinese New Year, on a stand with other knives.
- Sledge Hammer - In Derelict Building leaning on pillar in first area. Also in Chinese New Year, between the hole in the wall and the gas pump.
- Knife - In Derelict Building on the ground in first area.
- Metal Pipe - In the room directly behind you when you start out in the first segment.
- Remote Explosive - In some crates, down where Wade's associate, Bill Dole, meets the corrupt police officer.
- Birdie's File - In Chinese New Year, located in the underground area where Bill Dole meets the police officer, same room you find the explosives.
- Keycard - In The Vixen Club, located on a desk in the office above the entrance to the strip club.
- Rat Poison - In Chinese New Year, atop a food kiosk, near where the Katana is located.
- For instructions to complete a specific challenge, click the corresponding image; or for a comprehensive instructions list, see Hunter and Hunted challenges
|Chameleon||Pick up all the disguises.|
|Evidence Collector||Find the evidence.|
|Infiltrator||Avoid getting spotted.|
|Suit Only||Avoid using disguises.|
|Private Dance||It's how he would have wanted to go. (Kill Dom whilst he is in the private dance room)|
|Dominated||He died with his pants down. (Kill Dom whilst he is using the bathroom)|
|Schadenfreude||It's blood on the dance floor. (Kill Dom by dropping the disco ball on him)|
|Fire Sale||Everything must go! (Turn off the convenience store's valve and ignite the fireworks)|
|Two Rights Make a Right||He will owe you a roast duck. (Kill Larry Clay before he kills the worker)|
|Moment of Bliss||His lack of public manners is shocking. (Kill Larry Clay by rigging the power cord to the truck and electrocuting him)|
|Fire Him||Those things will kill ya. (Kill Frank Owens by sabotaging the gas pump)|
|X Marks the Spot||It's in the bag. (Kill Larry Clay by dropping the cargo (in the alleyway) on him)|
|Lieutenant Bad||Cops and goons just don't mix. (Have Bill Dole killed by taking Birdie's File and having the Police Officer shoot him)|
|Cleaning Up in Chinatown||So many options, so little time. (Complete "Moment of Bliss", "Fire Him", "X Marks the Spot" and "Lieutenant Bad")|
|Damage Control||Complete "Hunter and Hunted."|
|Swordplay - Part I||Go medieval on his ass. (Silently kill one of Wade's men by using the Katana)|
|Swordplay - Part II||Carve a name for yourself. (Silently kill all 3 of Wade's men using the Katana)|
|Swordplay - Part III||Now, that's something you don't see every day. (Silently kill all 3 of Wade's men with the Katana, whilst wearing the Chipmunk Disguise)|
|Mastery: Hunter and Hunted||You started the new year with a bang. (Complete all challenges for this mission)|
|Missions in Hitman: Absolution|
|Prologue||A Personal Contract|
|Main Missions ~ Part 1||The King of Chinatown - Terminus - Run For Your Life - Hunter and Hunted - Rosewood|
|Main Missions ~ Part 2||Welcome to Hope - Birdie's Gift - Shaving Lenny - End of the Road - Dexter Industries - Death Factory - Fight Night - Attack of the Saints - Skurky's Law - Operation Sledgehammer|
|Main Missions ~ Part 3||One of a Kind - Blackwater Park - Countdown|