The Katana was one of the traditionally made Japanese swords that were worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan, also commonly referred to as a "Samurai Sword".
The weapon, like the Golf Club, requires a wind-up to increase its damage. The sword can be found on black robed ninjas, during the missions leading up to Mashiro Hayamoto's assassination. It can not be concealed, and can not be thrown.
The katana is a terrifying melee weapon, as it provides some of the most gruesome kills in the game. Attacking head-on, the blade can be plunged through the torso of a target, or slashed through their clavicle. While attacking an unsuspecting target from behind, the blade is plunged through their skull and into their brain, resulting in instant death. It may also be thrown into a target's head from a distance. Alternatively, it may be thrown and used as a distraction.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- Hidden Valley - On ninjas in the guard quarter of the tunnel.
- At the Gates - On black ninjas inside castle walls.
- Shogun Showdown - On some ninjas, inside the museum and on Masahiro Hayamoto.
- Hunter and Hunted - On a shop stand near the store clerk Larry Clay interrogates in the Chinese New Year.
- Blackwater Park - Numerous weapon displays in the Penthouse.
- World of Tomorrow - In a corner next to the attic window in Villa Caruso, on the attic.
- Club 27 - In Heidi Santoro's room.
- Situs Inversus - On the mountain path lodged to the ground, and in Yuki Yamazaki's room.
- Other swords also appear in the series: The Chinese Sword in Hitman: Codename 47 and in Hitman: Contracts, and the Cane Sword in Hitman: Blood Money.