|Hello 47, we've some business at the wiki.|
This article, or a section of this article, does not meet wiki standards. Please so that it meets our standards.
The Kitchen Knife (simply known as the Knife) is a melee weapon that appears in the Hitman series. It can be used for close-quarter combat and stealth kills. In Hitman: Blood Money, Hitman: Absolution and HITMAN™, it is also used as a throwing weapon.
Hitman: Codename 47
Gameplay-wise, the kitchen knife has exactly the same move-set as other short-bladed weapons, such as the Pentagon Knife, including stabbing and throat slitting. It may come in handy since it is available in most levels that have a kitchen.
- The Massacre at Cheung Chau Fish Restaurant - Can be found in the kitchen of the restaurant. This knife is bugged, and if holstered, will vanish entirely.
- The Lee Hong Assassination - Can be found in the kitchen.
- Traditions of the Trade - Found in the kitchen.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
The kitchen knife functions quite similar to the knife found in Hitman: Codename 47.
- The Gontranno Sanctuary - Inside the parcel that you find.
- Anathema - In the kitchen.
- Invitation to a Party - Found in the lower levels of the building where the chef is.
- Tracking Hayamoto - In the room where the fugu fish resides.
In Hitman: Contracts, the kitchen knife gains additional animations for stealth kills. Additionally, you can use kitchen knife to get rid of small animals such as dogs without wasting ammunition.
- Asylum Aftermath - Found on a patient butchering a No. 48 clone and on the second floor.
- The Meat King's Party - Found almost everywhere.
- Rendezvous in Rotterdam - Various places in the basement.
- Deadly Cargo - In the galley of the ship and the kitchen in the police station.
- Traditions of the Trade - Stuck in the wall at the murder scene in room 109.
- The Seafood Massacre - Either with the chef in the kitchen or nearby him.
- The Lee Hong Assassination - Used by a chef in the kitchen.
Hitman: Blood Money
In Hitman: Blood Money, the functionality of the kitchen knife mimics that of Hitman: Contracts. As Blood Money introduced the ability to throw items, the knife could be used to kill characters at a distance via the normal throwing controls. As with all other thrown objects it can act as a distraction.
- Death of a Showman - In the room with two gangsters snorting cocaine, stuck on the closet door.
- A Vintage Year - In the first floor kitchen of the Hacienda.
- A New Life - In the kitchen of the target's house. Multiple people patrol this area.
- The Murder of Crows - The cook in the kitchen of the Blues Oyster and the Latin Fever carries one.
- You Better Watch Out… - In the party floor's kitchen. A drunk man dressed as Santa Claus and a guard pass by the area. There are multiple knives there.
- Death on the Mississippi - Restaurant Deck, in the kitchen with the cake for Muldoon.
- Amendment XXV - In the East Wing's kitchen. The knife is found on the counter.
- Requiem - In the tool shed, southeast of the church.
In Hitman: Absolution the knife acquired additional functionality. Stealth kills made using the knife are relatively quiet in comparison to a gunshot, however, if another NPC is close to the one being killed, they may hear a struggle and investigate. Similarly, if an NPC is killed using a knife, a blood pool will be left at the location of the action; other NPCs will become suspicious after being discovered. Additionally, because of the new melee weapon system expansion, the knife can be thrown and subsequently retrieved and used multiple times. As in Hitman: Blood Money thrown knives can distract guards and kill them.
- A Personal Contract - In Mansion Ground Floor, in the kitchen.
- The King of Chinatown - In Chinatown Square, carried by market vendors.
- Terminus - In Terminus Hotel, on a crate near the middle of the storage room west of the main elevator in the basement; on the counter inside the small room just north of the front desk. In Upper Floors, on the floor by the bed within the crime scene room.
- Run For Your Life - In Shangri-La, immediately to the right on a counter when entering the segment.
- Rosewood - In Orphanage Halls, in a room on the top floor; on a desk in the room near the cafeteria, near one of the fuse locations. In Central Heating, on a box in the hallway; on a table in the first room.
- Shaving Lenny - In Streets of Hope, inside the donut shop; upstairs of main garage; and in the break room above the main garage.
- Dexter Industries - In Factory Compound, on top of a microwave in the trucker break building to the right after crossing the bridge.
- Fight Night - In Patriot's Hangar, outside the trailer under the awning, stuck in a cutting board.
- Death Factory - In Decontamination, on the table next to the stripper at Carl's surprise birthday party.
- Skurky's Law - In Holding Cells, on the floor in the small room with the officer talking on the phone, to the right after opening the cell gate.
- Operation Sledgehammer - In Hope Fair, on several food stands.
- Blackwater Park - In Blackwater Park, in the basement.
- "A kitchen knife. Deadly in close combat or when thrown. Unsuspicious when carried by kitchen staff."
The knife functions similarly to the one in Absolution, you can use it as a melee weapon to silently kill targets from behind or throw it to execute targets from afar.
- The Showstopper - In the kitchen area behind the bar (Where the Palace Staff are) on the ground floor, and in the food preparation area on the 1st floor where the Auction Staff are working.
- World of Tomorrow - In the butcher's shop, in the ice saloon, in the kitchen area of Caruso's Villa