The Meat Cleaver is a weapon that appears for the first time in Hitman: Codename 47, then in Hitman: Contracts and returns in Hitman: Blood Money. In Hitman: Absolution, it is known simply as the Cleaver.
This melee weapon works well for quick stealth kills that are only possible if the victim has their back turned. It can also kill any person with a few attacks, but at the great risk of alerting somebody. In Codename 47, the stealth kill is identical to those of the Pentagon Knife, and the Kitchen Knife, whilst in Contracts and Blood Money, it has a unique stealth kill where Agent 47 penetrates the skull of the victim with it.
Hitman: Codename 47
- Traditions of the Trade: Can be found in the kitchen.
- The Meat King's Party: Can be found in the kitchen, in a room near Campbell Sturrock's room and on Malcolm Sturrock.
- The Lee Hong Assassination: Can be found in the basement and on a chef in the kitchen.
Hitman: Blood Money
- A Dance with the Devil: Can be found in the top floor kitchen.
- Hunter and Hunted: In the convenience store and on some counters in the Chinese New Year segment
- Fight Night: At a food stall in the crowd.
- Attack of the Saints: In the bar in the Reception
- Operation Sledgehammer: On some counters at the Hope Fair
- The Showstopper: In the kitchen in the basement.
- World of Tomorrow: In the refrigerator in the butcher's shop.
- A Gilded Cage: In a basket with bananas.