Stun Gun is a melee weapon only available in Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money. It is used in Hitman: Codename 47, but only by NPCs. When used in physical contact with an aggressor, it unloads an electrical shock that paralyzes the target's muscles, temporarily taking out the aggressor. The Stun Gun can be used unlimited times, but using it too much will increase your noise level in Blood Money.
Hitman: Codename 47
- Used by the Asylum Staff and Ort-Meyer in the missions Training and The Setup. It can only be obtained via cheats.
Hitman: Blood Money
- In the mission Flatline, often found in weapons caches across the level, also wielded by Orderlies, in medical wing.
- Even though it can be obtained through cheating, the one generated is not capable of stunning.
- In the inventory, it shows "Viper" labeled in a red mark under the electrical contact point.
- In Flatline, if orderlies stun Agent 47 with a stun gun, 47 will lose health as though it was a gun shot but not get knocked out.
- Stunning enemies from their backs will take longer, though the effect is the same. This method is only recommended if you want to play stealthy.
- This is one of the few weapons to not appear in the Hideout in Hitman: Blood Money and to not be part of the weapon collection. For this reason, it can't be brought along to other missions.
- There is a glitch in the game in which if the stun gun is used on sitting enemies they will stand up and then react normally to the stun. Sometimes, however, the target is not stunned at all. This can happen at the special morgue in the Flatline.
- Sometimes, when you stun an ememy that has already been stunned, it will freeze the game.
- Its possible to let a NPC kill another NPC if you use Stun gun and strip his clothes, the NPC coming to investigate will kill the NPC rather than waking them up. You will receieve a penalty for this, so try not to let this happen if you are going for SA rating.
- Using the stun gun against Agent Smith in Flatline will fail the mission.
- In Hitman: Contracts, the stun gun CANNOT be used on other levels. Even in the completed game, the stun gun will not be included in the collected weapon inventory. Obviously this is not a bug but deliberate design.