- "Birdie. Once the Agency's top intelligence man. In order to protect the girl, I need him as my eyes and ears. But his services won't come cheap. This man is a merchant. Quid pro quo. Everything comes with a price. To recruit him, I must first take out his business rival. Official contract or not, this 'King of Chinatown' has to die."
- ―Mission description.[src]
The King of Chinatown is the second mission of Hitman: Absolution. It consists of a single segment, Chinatown Square.
- "So listen up. Now, the King hangs out in the pagoda in the center of town. Where a unit of dirty cops guard his every move. And he rarely leaves the crowd. Except to meet up with his dealer in a pad overlooking the square. He also got a swanky European ride parked in a nearby alley, but that's all I got, homes. Call me back when you're done. Got it?" - Birdie
- Locate the King of Chinatown
- Eliminate the King of Chinatown
- Locate the exit
- HX UMP - In a small crate on the balcony next to King's car, and carried by all of the SWAT (backups).
- Kazo TRG - On the desk inside "Snowman's" apartment.
- Swiss 3000 - Two are in a small crate on the balcony next to King's car, and carried by the dealer.
- Z&M Model 60 - Carried by all of the cops.
- Axe - Embedded in a crate in the corner just north of the alley entrance to the dealer's apartment.
- Bottle - Found around the level.
- Seven are on some small crates midway through the entrance alley.
- Three are in the alley and stairway leading to the dealer's apartment.
- Two are inside the dealer's apartment.
- Two are on a vendor counter between the stairs south of the pagoda.
- On a crate at the entrance to the King's parking area.
- On the vendor counter just west of the alley entrance to the dealer's apartment.
- Behind the vendor counter at the very north side of the level.
- On a large crate just east of the open shaft.
- Brick - By the small tree between the alley entrance to the dealer's apartment and the dumpster area with the dealer's drugs, and on the ground behind the small chain-link fence area just east of the exit point.
- Filet Knife - Behind the vendor counter at the very north side of the level.
- Gasoline Can - On a large crate by the stairs just south of the dumpster area with the dealer's drugs, and on the ground behind the vendor counter at the very north side of the level.
- Knife - Found around the level.
- On the ground by a doorway in a nook just west of where you enter the main area.
- On the vendor counter just north of the pagoda.
- Embedded in a fish on a vendor counter just west of the fence corner for the construction area.
- Remote Explosive - On a small crate on the balcony next to the King's car.
- Fugu Fish - On a vendor counter just west of the fence corner for the construction area.
Easy to get, but also easy to miss. It will depend on your approach in eliminating the target.
- In the central market, there’s a pagoda where you can find the target. Inside the pagoda is a table with a coffee cup and a dossier containing the Evidence.
- Head inside and grab the dossier.
- For instructions to complete a specific challenge, click the corresponding image; or for a comprehensive instructions list, see The King of Chinatown challenges. For video guide click in the corresponding name of the challenge.
|Chameleon||Pick up all the disguises.|
|Evidence Collector||Find the evidence.|
|Infiltrator||Avoid getting spotted.|
|Suit Only||Avoid using disguises.|
|Kaboom||Messy but effective. (Kill the King using an explosion)|
|A Killing View||Best try to get an overview of the situation. (Kill the King with the Kazo TRG whilst in the drug dealer's apartment)|
|Controlled Demolition||Like a surgeon, the demolitions expert avoids collateral damage. (Kill the King using an explosion, while avoiding any casualties. Non-targets may be subdued)|
|Man Down||Like dropping off the face of the earth. (Push the King down the manhole)|
|Drop Dead||Someone is in for a severe headache. (Perform an accidental kill on the King by dropping the suspended cargo (near the mission's exit) on him)|
|Two for the Price of One||When the targets align, anything is possible. (Kill the King and the drug dealer with the Kazo TRG in a single shot)|
|Clean Sweep||The King has been too nosy for his own good. (Remove the evidence, whilst remaining unseen)|
|Don't Do Drugs||Kick the habit or it could kick you right back. (Kill the King by poisoning the drugs with Fugu Fish)|
|Hot Coffee||Flavored with a pinch of death. (Kill the King by poisoning his coffee with Fugu Fish)|
|Let's Do Lunch||They say food is the way to a man's heart. (Kill the King by poisoning his meal with Fugu Fish)|
|Master Poisoner||So many options, so little time. (Complete "Don't Do Drugs", "Hot Coffee" and "Let's Do Lunch")|
|Quid Pro Quo||Complete "The King of Chinatown."|
|Veiled Death - Part I||There is nothing like a man in uniform. (Kill/Subdue the drug dealer in his apartment, whilst wearing a Chicago Police Officer Disguise)|
|Veiled Death - Part II||Who can you trust if not your drug dealer? (Kill the King whilst in the drug dealer's apartment and wearing the Dealer disguise)|
|Mastery: The King of Chinatown||If this guy was a cat, he would still be dead. (Complete all challenges for this mission)|
- The masks on the wall in the stall where The King's food bowl is located are from previous Hitman titles. For example the Devil mask is from the Mission A Dance with the Devil in Hitman: Blood Money. It was worn by Anthony Martinez, one of the targets. The Heaven guest mask is also on the wall. (Easter Egg)
- This is the third mission in the Hitman series where reinforcements can be called; the 1st being The Jacuzzi Job and the 2nd A New Life. Later missions also make use of this.
- Chicago's Chinatown, the setting for this mission, is revisited in Hunter and Hunted.
|Missions in Hitman: Absolution|
|Prologue||A Personal Contract|
|Chicago||The King of Chinatown - Terminus - Run For Your Life - Hunter and Hunted - Rosewood|
|Hope, South Dakota||Welcome to Hope - Birdie's Gift - Shaving Lenny - End of the Road - Dexter Industries - Death Factory - Fight Night - Attack of the Saints - Skurky's Law - Operation Sledgehammer|
|Chicago||One of a Kind - Blackwater Park - Countdown|