|We need reliable intel, 47.|
This article is in desperate need of images and could use your help. You can help the Hitman Wiki by adding images to it.
A Utility Box is a circuit box responsible for holding fuses to ensure that the electric grid doesn't overload and fry. They first appear very briefly Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, then shortly in Hitman: Contracts, and begin appearing with much greater frequency in Hitman: Blood Money. They also appear in Hitman: Absolution, and HITMAN™. Agent 47 can break the fuses, which usually has some distracting effect on a nearby guard. In HITMAN, shooting them has the same effect, but too many bullets will eventually destroy them and render them unusable. Most of the utility boxes are limited to one per mission, with the exception of Rendezvous in Rotterdam.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- The Jacuzzi Job - Will turn off all lights in the penthouse, and call a technician to the apartment.
- Terminal Hospitality - Will turn off all lights in the basement.
- Beldingford Manor - Turns off the TV in the guards' room in the stable, causing them to go outside to fix it.
- Rendezvous in Rotterdam - Distracts guard inside the garage, making it easy to get onto the second floor. The other is located outside of the garage and if disabled, will make the car crane in the garage malfunction, thus dropping the car it's holding. Another one is located in the basement and will turn off the lights in the basement, and a fourth one will activate and deactive the electroshock torture on Klaas Teller.
- Deadly Cargo - Distracts policeman inside the police station.
- Hunter and Hunted - Whilst not a utility box, it has a similar effect, turns off all the lights on the third floor, allowing 47 to escape to the lower floors of the hotel.
Hitman: Blood Money
- Death of a Showman - Turns off lights inside the factory, so that 47 may sneak through.
- A Vintage Year - Distracts a guard inside the guard quarters.
- Curtains Down - Stops the rehearsals and makes actors go to their dressing rooms.
- Flatline - Distracts the guard guarding the videotape, either making it easy to sedate him or to sneak into the medical wing.
- A New Life - Turns off Vinnie's TV, and makes the guard protecting him go outside to fix it.
- You Better Watch Out… - Distracts a bodyguard on the staff floor, and causes him to go outside.
- Death on the Mississippi - Distracts the sailor patrolling the entrance to the engine room.
- Till Death Do Us Part
- To the left of the elevator. Shooting it will cause the elevator doors to open.
- The King of Chinatown - In the alley to Snowman's apartment. Distracts a police officer watching TV.
- Run For Your Life - In the Library. Can distract two guards by disabling the lights in the main area.
- Hunter and Hunted - In the Loading area, distracts a guard.
- Birdie's Gift - Distracts the staff in the counter by turning off all the lights in the gun shop.
- Shaving Lenny - In the basement of the barbershop. Turns off the television and distracts a police officer.
- Dexter Industries - In Old Mill, Distracts the two guards playing video game, causing one to go and fix the utility box and the other to fix the TV.
- Death Factory - Two in Dr. Asford's research room. Destroys all the research logs. Breaking the utility boxes are an objective.
- In Blood Money, it takes 47 several seconds to disable utility boxes since he does an animation of opening the box and looking around himself before doing it. In Absolution, it apparently takes less than half that time since he now just opens the box and pulls out wiring without looking around first.
- Npcs whom try to fix the shortwire caused by 47 breaking the circuit, will open the utility box, observe for a few seconds. After a brief delay they will reach in, get shocked lightly and pull their hand away in pain. Lastly they will fix and resume the electricity flow and then proceed to close the utility box. 47 can open en disable the power if so desired